It is best to connect each person's record to a user account. To-dos can be assigned to a person only if a user account has been linked to him.
Contractpedia will automatically create to-dos for contracts that are due to expire only if the responsible person for the contract is connected to an existing user account.
So here is what you have to do:
- If a person has a user account, connect the person's record to their user account.
- If a person does not have a user account but he is responsible for a contract, you can connect the person's record to another user account (for example to the user account of the Company account owner). This way the Company account owner will be able to receive email notifications for expiring contracts. If the person who is responsible for a contract is not connected to a user account, Contractpedia will not be able to create automatically to-dos for expiring contracts.
Here is how to create a new person and link him to an existing user account (You can also edit an existing person's record and link the person to a user account.):
- Go to People and click + NEW PERSON.
- Enter at least the following information:
- Full name.
- Status should be ON.
- Responsible for Contracts/People should also be ON.
- Location should be left blank, if you are linking a Company level user (who has access to everything). If you are linking a Location level user, enter only the Location or Locations that the user has access to.
- Email address of the user (person).
- User account - Select the correct user account from the drop-down menu.
When you are creating to-dos or contracts, they can be assigned to this person.