It is best to link each user to a person's record. This way people can be selected as responsible for contracts and to-dos can be assigned to them. To-dos can be assigned to a person only if a user account has been linked to him.
Here is how to create a new person and link him to an existing user account (You can also edit an existing person's record and link the person to a user account.):
- Go to People and click + NEW PERSON.
- Enter at least the following information:
- Full name.
- Status should be ON.
- Responsible for Contracts/People should also be ON.
- Location should be left blank, if you are linking a Company level user (who has access to everything). If you are linking a Location level user, enter only the Location or Locations that the user has access to.
- Email address of the user (person).
- User account - Select the correct user account from the drop-down menu.
When you are creating to-dos or contracts, they can be assigned to this person.