It is best to connect each person's record to a user account. To-dos can be assigned to a person only if a user account has been linked to him.
Contractpedia will automatically create to-dos for contracts that are due to expire only if the responsible person for the contract is connected to an existing user account.
So here is what you have to do:
- If a person has a user account, connect the person's record to their user account.
- If a person does not have a user account but he is responsible for a contract, you can connect the person's record to another user account (for example to the user account of the Company account owner). This way the Company account owner will be able to receive email notifications for expiring contracts. If the person who is responsible for a contract is not connected to a user account, Contractpedia will not be able to create automatically to-dos for expiring contracts.
Here is how to connect a person to an existing user account:
- Go to the Person's record that you wish to connect to a user account and click on the Edit button
- Now that you are on the Edit page, below Connections, click on the User account field.
- Choose a Contractpedia account from the list to connect it to this person.
- Click Save.
Now when you create to-dos or contracts, they can be assigned to this person.
When creating a new contract:
When you are creating a new contract you can create a new responsible person and connect him/her to an existing Contractpedia account without leaving the contract form. Here is how to do it:
- Below Connections, click on the Responsible person field.
- Click Add new.
- Enter the person's name.
- Choose the User account that this person will be connected to.
- Click Save.